It’s cold and flu season and just about everyone is getting their share of it. It is really important to fully recover in order to avoid having lingering and reoccurring symptoms all winter long. Here are some tips to get your health back on track:
- Rest. Make sure you take it easy for a while and get enough sleep. Our bodies get the chance to recover when we rest and it will get you on top of your health quicker.
- Bone broth. For a great boost of your immune system drink a couple of cups of bone broth a day. It helps fight cold symptoms and inflammation in the body.
- Vitamin D. Make sure your vitamin D levels stay up through winter, this will help your immune system and gives you much needed energy. Because it is hard to get 20 min of sunshine a day on your skin in winter, it isimportant to take a vitamin D supplement.
- Probiotics. They work to boost the body’s immune system. These good bacteria significantly reduce the risk of getting upper respiratory tract infections, including colds and flu’s.
- Garlic. Adding garlic to your food can help reduce cold and flu symptoms and prevent getting sick all together.
- Ginger. Ginger has been used for centuries to relieve a sore throat and loosen up congestion due to a cold. It helps you sweat out the toxins in your body, which is helpful when you have a cold or flu.
- Acupuncture. To get back on your feet and strengthen your immune system to prevent further illness, have a couple of acupuncture sessions. You’ll recover quicker and have much less chance to be struggling with a lingering cough, sniffle or sore throat.
How can I make an appointment?
You can call us on 0414 067 874 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer appointments online here.