Cosmetic acupuncture is the exciting new kid on the block for anti-ageing treatment. It’s gaining popularity very quickly because of its ability to naturally create that fresh and glowing look we all want. It is for a good reason that it is also being called the new, natural Botox. For those that don’t like the sometimes unnatural look of Botox treatments or are concerned about injecting a toxin in your face, cosmetic acupuncture is the perfect solution.
What is cosmetic acupuncture?
It is a treatment targeted to help with beauty concerns like facial skin problems, wrinkles and fine lines, sagging skin, puffy eyes, pigmentation and dark spots. It involves acupuncture with the thinnest and finest needles but it is much more than that. The needles are so fine that even for those that are needle shy, cosmetic acupuncture is usually a very relaxing experience.
What is a cosmetic acupuncture session like?
A cosmetic acupuncture consultation looks like this:
- A consultation to find out what your concerns are and what your skin is like. Cosmetic acupuncture is not just about your face, we also want to know if there are any underlying health conditions that you are experiencing that might be related to your skin.
- A skin cleanse to prepare.
- Application of high grade Jojoba oil.
- Gua Sha which is a gentle, scraping massage with a rose quartz stone.
- Body acupuncture to treat the root of your skin problems.
- Facial acupuncture.
- Hot towel.
- Light facial massage.
- Jade roller application to seal the pores.
How long does a cosmetic acupuncture session take?
The complete process of a cosmetic acupuncture consultation will take about 60 min for your initial consultation and 45 min for follow ups.
How does cosmetic acupuncture work?
The benefits of cosmetic acupuncture can be explained on 3 levels:
- The needles stimulate the circulation and blood flow in the skin resulting in a glowing look. This effect is immediate so even after one or two sessions you will be surprised how healthy you look.
- The anti-ageing effect is because the needles create a micro trauma. The body responds to this with the production of collagen and elastin to heal the area.
- Cosmetic acupuncture also targets the muscles. It releases the tight muscles that are causing frown lines and it can tone the muscles that have sagged.
How often do you need to have cosmetic acupuncture?
It is recommended you start with a course of weekly treatments to get your skin on track and then switch to a less regular maintenance schedule.
Can all acupuncturists do cosmetic acupuncture?
The application of cosmetic acupuncture requires advanced training. If you want to experience high quality treatment that gives you good results make sure your acupuncturists has completed this advanced training.
At Natural Solutions Acupuncture Katy Chan has completed training under Australia’s leading cosmetic acupuncturist Dr Vivian Tam in Melbourne. She is fully qualified to offer cosmetic acupuncture of the highest level.
How much does cosmetic acupuncture cost?
The value for money of cosmetic acupuncture is excellent. An initial consultation and treatment at Natural Solutions Acupuncture is $180 and follow up treatments are priced at $160 per session. Compared to the price of the use of botox it is a much more affordable anti-ageing treatment.